800 Hampden Ave St. Paul 55114
Advent Office is looking for a Controller for our Manufacturing client in St. Paul. This is a contract to hire opportunity with a well established manufacturing company. If you have accounting and compliance experience and have excellent attention to detail, apply today!
About the Company:
They are a family owned manufacturing company that has been a part of the Twin Cities community for almost 100 years. They are a values driven organization that emphasizes providing high quality products and customer service. They are a tight-knit company that values open communication and collaboration.
About the Job:
- Oversee and manage all administrative support functions of the company, including accounting/finance, payroll, and office equipment maintenance.
- Manage company transactions, debts, purchase orders, and cash flow.
- Assist with the development of company budgets and annual company financial controls audit.
- Prepare, review, monitor and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Reviews payroll, sales tax, accounts payable, and run internal reporting.
- Reconcile bank accounts, cash accounts, credit card statements and general ledger.
- Oversee compliance for all county, city, state, and federal compliance and reporting laws and regulations, and manage submission of all required reports and forms.
- Report and support VP of Finance.
- 5+ years in a controller, management, or supervisory accounting role.
- Previous management experience.
- Expert knowledge of accounting practices and principles, GAAP, and regulatory processes.
- Previous experience working in a heavily regulated industry. e.g. Insurance
- Strong leadership and ability to drive results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to collaborate across teams and departments.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
Location: St. Paul (Remote/On Site Hybrid)
Compensation: $75-85k DOE
Schedule: M-F 8am-5pm
Type: Contract to Hire
Advent Talent Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Advent Talent Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
* Easy and convenient registration process, including options for online/video interviewing.?
* Resume and job search coaching standard with registration.?
* Genuinely caring and friendly staff, working together to find the right job for you.?
* Competitive wages and benefits, including: employee rewards, referral bonuses, weekly pay, PTO (paid time off), and more.?
* Access to fantastic, often exclusive or unadvertised, job opportunities throughout the metro.
Advent Talent Group is an award-winning staffing and recruiting agency and a nationally certified Women' s Business Enterprise (WBE). Powered by our superhero staffing team, we provide temporary, temporary to hire and direct placement services in all HR related fields.