Director Global Benefits
Minneapolis, MN 55379
- Serve as the leader of global benefits and work to create a new, comprehensive and competitive benefits package that will attract and retain employees.
- Collaborate with the VP of Compensation and Benefits to develop short- and long-term goals to ensure benefits program is flexible, competitive, and cost effective.
- Partners with brokers to conduct research and analysis of global benefits programs and market data to understand the competitiveness of current benefits plan.
- Responsible for vendor selection and relationship management. Additionally, assisting with contract negotiations.
- Develop an effective communication strategy for benefits rollout and beyond. Ensure all employees are aware of the program.
- Partner with finance department to develop budget for global benefits program and assist with rate setting and forecasting for the program.
- Ensure plans are compliant with ACA legislation and complete audits and 5500 filings on time.
- Manage the global benefits team of 7 people and be an active leader in the global Human Resources team.
- Bachelor’ s degree in human resources, business or related field. Master’ s degree in HR or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in benefits and plan management. Experience in designing and administering global benefits plans.
- Knowledge and experience with compliance and regulatory aspects of benefits plans (HIPPA, ACA, FMLA, ERISA, COBRA and 401k regulations)
- Strong management skills and proven ability to lead a successful team.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- CEBS certification preferred.