375 Selby Avenue St. Paul 55102
Advent Office is looking for a part-time Senior Accountant for our non-profit client in St. Paul. This organization has been a part of the Twin Cities community for over 100 years and works to improve the lives of those living in their community. If you are an experienced accountant looking to work with a nonprofit, apply today!
Them: They’ re a cause-oriented organization that works on improving social and economic issues facing diverse populations. They provide programs, educational events, and a community to those who need it most. The employees at this organization are passionate about the work they are doing and are a close-knit community.
About the Job:
- Assist the CFO in the daily activities of the accounting department and the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Assist with accounting operations, including financial accounting, accounts payable/receivable, and petty cash management.
- Record cash receipts, prepare corresponding general ledger journal entries and cash deposits, and post all cash receipts to the general ledger.
- Prepare daily agency and weekly bank deposits and monthly reconciliation of all accounts.
- In collaboration with the CFO produce monthly financial statements, prepare grant budgets and reports, and reimbursable grant billings and requests.
- Assist CFO with annual budget.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Business administration or comparable experience.
- 5 years of experience in accounting, nonprofit setting preferred.
- Blackbaud Financial Edge experience a plus.
- Mastery of accounting software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse individuals.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
If this sounds like you, apply today!
Location: St. Paul
Schedule: M-F 30 hours/week
Type: Contract to Hire
Advent Talent Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Advent Talent Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
* Easy and convenient registration process
* Resume tips, interview prep, and job search coaching
* Genuinely caring staff, working as a team to find the right job for you.
* Competitive wages and benefits, including health insurance, employee rewards, referral bonuses, weekly pay, PTO, and more.
* Access to exclusive or unadvertised job opportunities throughout the metro.
Advent Talent Group is an award-winning staffing and recruiting agency and a nationally certified Women' s Business Enterprise (WBE). Powered by our superhero staffing team, we provide temporary, temporary to hire and direct placement services for Marketing & Creative, Office and HR candidates.